The park she wanted to go to was a good 25 minute walk away and as such we agreed that I'd drive down which meant we'd have the car for the way back.
On route I passed four other parks, but Lily had been adamant that she wanted to go to the park with the boat.
I got there in no time, parked up, and waited for the girls to arrive; this gave me plenty of time for a coffee from the Anchorage Coffee Shed and to soak up some rays (man I need a hat).
I sat for five minutes or so and then started to walk back along the seafront to see when I'd meet Laura and Lily. Not too far as it happened as they'd made better time than I expected.
We headed back to the park and Lily (and I) played for a while:
while Laura went for her well earned coffee and a bottle of water.
We played for a while longer and then headed up in to Williamstown so that I could look for the hat I sorely needed as the temperature was over 30 degrees and rising:
Managed to get the hat I needed:
and then headed back home for lunch.
Lily wanted to sleep:
but instead we watched a bit of TV, ate lunch, and got ready to go swimming.
The pool at Altona is only a five minute drive and as we've been before I knew exactly how to get there.
We spent a good hour and a half in the pool and then got out and went to the cafe for a coffee and some sweets (Lily had lemonade).
It always surprises me how good the coffee is in Melbourne here we were in the local sports centre and the coffee was better than I've had from some high end cafes in the UK.
Lily and I have agreed that we'll go swimming a few more times and as such we both bought goggles as neither of us like the water in out eyes:
We then headed back to Debbie's to sort dinner for Lily and to get organised for our dinner at St. Crispin.
Niall and Fiona arrived to babysit and by the time we left Lily was sitting beside Fiona on the sofa getting her to read her My Little Pony book; I think Fiona has a new friend!
Off to St. Crispin...




No comments:
Post a Comment