We're all going for the weekend and with that in mind as there's not enough room in the car for the five of us, Debbie and Ali are going to travel down on Ali's Triumph Thunderbird while Laura, Lily and I go by car.
The plan is to stop about half way down and meet up for lunch before driving the rest of the way so with the sat nav set we set off while Debbie and Ali make final preparations with the bike and lock up the house.
The drive to ??? where were stopping for lunch was quite uneventful with the exception that the sat nav in Debbie's car has been set to off of toll roads.
This wouldn't be a problem for Debbie knows when to deviate from the given directions, however Laura (who's driving) is getting annoyed as the route Debbie suggested doesnt match the way the car wants us to go.
Quick delve into the settings (I knew my IT skills would come in handy for something) and I've changed things to let the sat nav use toll roads and we're back on the right route and as I say the rest of the way was uneventful.
We stopped off in ??? and once we'd met Debbie and Ali decided that we'd eat in the local bakers which looked to do some nice hearty fare (including meat pies - which Australians are obsessed with - and cakes).
The food we had was quite good as we had another hours drive we kept our stay short and after eating we quickly stretched our legs, visited the toilets, and we're back "on the road again".
The intention was that I'd drive the second half of the way but as Laura was happy to continue driving I was happy to let her. This may seem a bit off on my part but meant I'd be fresh in the evening to drive back from Inverloch to Phillip Island to let Lily see the Fairy Penguins (more on that later).
We continued the drive to Inverloch and made good time, so good in fact that when we arrived our chalet was not ready, and we had to sit in the bar and have some tea and coffee.
Once the chalet was ready we headed across with the car and bike and got unpacked and settled in before going for a wander to see what was about.
Turns out there was loads for Lily to do including an large inflatable pillow:
that Debbie and Lily both enjoyed and a climbing net:
which Lily loved.


No comments:
Post a Comment